It is the start of the new year! It is the perfect time to update your wardrobe, update your look. We have a few simple tips to help you makeover your jewelry wardrobe.
1. Evaluate – Take inventory of what you currently own. Do you have any broken pieces that can be fixed? Only have one earring? Are there similarities? Do you have all stud earrings but no drops or chandeliers? Think about shape, color, and pairings. New selections should help you diversify and devise more looks.
2. Purge & Organize – Purge whatever is broken, cannot be fixed or is missing its counterpart. Donate or sell whatever you can’t see yourself wearing. Like clothing, you don’t want to hold onto a piece “just because”. The goal is to have an uncluttered jewelry box. Speaking of a jewelry box, you should have one that you will be proud to display, one with enough compartments to hold and reveal all your jewels.
3. Get Inspired- Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Think about what you’d like to wear to upcoming big events such as weddings, showers, parties. Look at catalogs, Pinterest, and fashion magazines.
4. Make Your List- This will help you figure out what you need to add to your already fabulous jewelry wardrobe. Must-haves include: a signature ring or pendant necklace, stackable rings and bracelets, classic pearls, gold chains, hoop earrings, sparkling studs as well as a statement-making necklace.
5. Shop- Bring your list and inspirational photos. Be sure to try the jewelry on. Shopping online? Then look for model or mannequin images to get an idea of scale. You don’t need to find everything in one trip or website visit. Enjoy the shopping experience; it should be fun, not stressful!
6. Create Your Outfits- To help you generate more ideas, design a mood board and track looks that you like. Not sure about a pairing? Ask a friend her opinion. Take photos of outfits paired with your old and new jewels. Take an over-the-door shoe organizer, place these photos inside the compartments. Before getting ready each morning, pull out a card and plan your outfit accordingly.